At Positive Solutions High School, students will succeed academically and in society.
Granted its charter and accreditation by the state of Texas in 1998, Positive Solutions High School (PSHS) meets all standards and requirements applicable to public schools in our great state. Using the American Preparatory Institute Curriculum and direct teach methods allow for individualized instruction and accelerated learning for all students.
PSHS, an open enrollment charter high school, offers grades 9th – 12th and provides instruction for either a high school diploma or GED using an individualized education plan and individualized instruction.
As educators, our Learning Principles along with our Vision guide us to meet the needs of every one of our students and believe learning should be:
- Conducted in an environment where students’ life experiences are affirmed and valued
- Goal oriented and connected to the real world
- Diagnostic, reflective, and easily documented allowing feedback to students and parents
- Developed to allow students, with their teachers’ guidance, to set realistic and attainable goals
- An active process demanding student participation
- Both an individual and cooperative venture
Positive Solutions High School is committed to provide a high quality education by fostering a safe, respectful atmosphere and maintaining a flexible yet challenging curriculum that encourages life-long-learning and positive community involvement to prepare students for higher education, success in the workforce, and be contributing members of society.
- Accredited Courses
- Small Classes
- Credit Recovery
- Personal Attention
- Graduation Acceleration
- Safe Environment
- Breakfast & Mid-Day Snacks
- School Supplies
- VIA Bus Pass
- Student must live 2 miles or more from the school & maintain an attendance rate of 90% or higher to qualify.
- 4 Hour School Days
- Choose either AM Session (7:40 a.m. – 11:53 a.m.) or PM Session (12:40 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.)